I am going to share my New Year’s Resolution and the ways I shall effectively execute them.
Given that in 2016 I managed sans plans/friends/connections and a whole lot of depression and anxiety launched a literary career, had a (fleeting) Amazon No.1 and performed at a major British Literature Festival I figure I must have some kind of knack to Get Things Done.
2017 is the year I finally get around to accomplishing the mundane goals, which I’ve not yet fully consistently committed to.
- Establish and commit to a x3 days weekly fitness routine
- Learn to cook
- Complete the 1st draft of my novel.
How I will accomplish this:
Review date: 1st April 2017. Therefore goals are to be ‘run’ for 3 months/90 days.
- Do the Tabata Workout x3 days a week: Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays
– In the mornings.
– After April 2017 double this workout but continue only x3 days a week.
It will begin as only a 4-minute, high-intensity workout from now until April 1st 2017.
- Using a mix between recipes found in Sam Stern’s student cookbook, my Mother’s recipes, other cookbooks and BBC Good Food recipes. Learn one new recipe per month.
- January = Macaroni Cheese || February = Chicken soup || March = Carrot soup
– Cook the dish only twice a month, then move onto the next assigned recipe for that certain month.
- Write one hour a week
– High focus, content driven writing on my novel. No note-taking just plot writing. If I get stuck/suffer writer’s block I simply move on and write in another chapter or edit written work.
– Tuesdays 6pm work on writing novel
- Review material, research plot gaps for one hour
– Fridays 6pm work on rereading manuscript and doing extra research on passages marked TK.
The secret to these goals is to keep them as simple and small as possible so that I can actually consistently commit to them because implementing these accomplishments is a necessity. Also by having them take minimal time I can easily over-deliver on each task and gain small wins as a confidence boost.
Additionally I shall counter-intuitively reduce my blogging commitments.
This Lifestyle blog: CatherineVaughansWorld.com will not have a set blogging schedule. This will be my ad-hoc blog. Namely blog posts will definitely be posted early April to see how I have come along with my New Year’s Resolutions, to see which goals I’ve stuck with analyse what has worked and hasn’t worked. Any inspiring ideas or disappointments will be posted online.
My Arts & Culture blog NouveauBohemian.com will have only x1 article posted on the 15th of each month and a once a season Bohemian selection.
HerefordshireWriters.co.uk remains a once monthly article editorial. (Writing plans remain the same.)